Geelsgaardskolen is a school for disabled children and children with special needs aged 6 to 18, but we can also provide education for young people aged 17 to 25 years.
For some of our public school students, the school also functions as a bording school, where the studens can live and study.
The main goal of the school is to provide each child with the best possible background for creating an enriching life, as independent as possible. This is done through teaching, education, therapy and providing necessary social skills. To achieve optimal results, it is of paramount importance, that the students as well as their families acknowledge the students' severe handicap and the limitations it implies.
The students should obtain life skills and joy of life, which means that:
- our school offers integrated, cross-disciplinary educational, therapeutic and socializing programmes of high quality
- our school views the individual child as a whole
- our school provides development opportunities for the child
- our school focuses on the welfare of students, their parents and its staff
- our school provides development opportunities for all staff members
- our school is viewed with respect by parents, social authorities and other stakeholders
- our school ensures cross-disciplinary collaboration in an atmosphere of equality between teachers, care workers, physiotherapists, ergotherapists, speech therapists and psychologists
Geelsgaardskolen is located in Virum, approx. 15 km north of Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.
Please feel free to contact us for further information.